[Kdenlive-devel] video stabilization

Hugh Tebby hugh.tebby at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 15:29:58 UTC 2010

Hi,

There was some interesting stuff in this thread :
http://www.kdenlive.org/forum/image-stabilization-0

In particular, this post from Centipede :

*Hi again.*

*Okay, here's my shot at it, albeit a bit hackish: Stabiliz0r (when you're
in Rome...)
Tested in Arch linux and Ubuntu 9.10 (updated today). The ubuntu version
uses the precompiled packages just as described in the download section of
Kdenlive.
You will also need to install frei0r-plugins-dev.*

*You will find both the source code (untar, cd worksite/build-lingcc, make
-f Makefile.frei0r) and the Ubuntu 9.10 frei0r compiled plugin here:
- Source:
http://vaults.atomicmonstergirls.net/public/techworks/utilities/yuvmotio...<http://vaults.atomicmonstergirls.net/public/techworks/utilities/yuvmotiontools-0.0.2.tar.gz>
- Ubuntu:
http://vaults.atomicmonstergirls.net/public/techworks/utilities/ubuntu-9...<http://vaults.atomicmonstergirls.net/public/techworks/utilities/ubuntu-9.10/stabiliz0r.so>
*

*I had success using stabiliz0r in Kdenlive by simply putting the plugin
into ~/frei0r-1/lib. But you people are the experts on the matter.*

*Should show up in the effects list as Misc/Stabiliz0r.
EDIT1: I should add that performance is not the most incredible.
EDIT2: Kdenlive crashed at least on one occasion using the stabilizer. May
have to do with the fact that it is slow.*

*Happy new year...
Centipede (Rene Jensen)*

He apparently made at least a semi-working frei0r plugin, but I haven't
tested it myself... Anyway, it could help whoever wants to tackle
stabilisation in Kdenlive !

Cheers,
Hugh