[Kdenlive-devel] Title Widget / Monitor scene speed

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Tue Aug 24 18:13:29 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 10:53 AM, Simon A. Eugster <simon.eu at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21.08.2010 11:29, Dan Dennedy wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 1:27 AM, Simon Eugster<simon.eu at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Regarding the title widget, I (as already stated before) vote for a
>>> rewrite anyways. Perhaps we can get rid of performance problems as
>>> well then.
> [...]
>> BTW, in thinking about masks (better term than "region"), I am
>> thinking about a way to modify MLT to allow one to place special
>> filters "Set mask" and "Apply mask" onto the filter stack. That way
>> one could designate one set of filters to apply with a mask, another
>> set with another mask, and others with no mask. The mask defined in
>> "Set mask" would be used with all filters below it and above "Apply
>> mask." And "Apply mask" clears the mask for filters below it until
>> another "Set mask." When the "Set mask" filter is selected, it could
>> expose the "mask monitor overlay widget" mentioned above.
>

> Regarding masks. I would love to have a widget that allows me to select a
> region on the monitor to take the color information from for the scopes.
>
> Sometimes I just want to select a neutral area in the monitor, or maks out
> part of the clip to check whether it was this part causing some points in
> the blue area of the vectorscope.

Yes, I know; I am thinking about a number of issues to address
simultaneously. :-) Both the manual mask and the ability to select
interesting areas using filters (Pull Mask) is interesting for
delivering specific info into the monitors as well as for secondary
color correction (just a special application of this general filter
masking). I already have to provision a way for the video monitor to
view only the results of the filter branch for pulling the mask vs.
the filter branch that shows the masked filters. So, this will be an
additional requirement (a special internal compositing of the masked
area atop black).

Additionally, for those wondering, there would be also a Mask-to-Matte
effect to copy the mask channel to the alpha channel for use with
track compositing.

--
+-DRD-+