[Kdenlive-devel] Image sequence option in Add Clip file dialog

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Mon Aug 23 04:49:33 UTC 2010

Le 22/08/2010 21:24, Dan Dennedy a écrit :
> On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 7:35 AM, Alberto Villa<avilla at freebsd.org>  wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Albert ARIBAUD<albert.aribaud at free.fr>  wrote:
>>> BTW: my wife's almost only complaint about kdenlive (1) is not having a
>>> 'one-click' or 'one-dialogue' way to make a slideshow from a bunch of
>>> stills with random transitions. Does it exist and I missed it?
>>
>> no, it doesn't exist. it can be easily implemented as a plugin... i'll
>> see if i can make it before the feature freeze
>
> Yes, it does; it is a Slideshow clip. Currently, it does not randomize
> transitions, but you can't please everyone all of the time. Please do
> not make redundant features. Also, see my recent improvements in MLT
> that will allow us to improve it:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/news/?group_id=96039&id=290791
>
> It should not be too difficult for me to add a special 'random' value
> to the component responsible for transitions.

Thanks Dan for pointing this out. This is great for both demonstrating
MTL's capabilities and for doing no-frills slideshows, however not
exactly what is required here, at least by my wife and, I suspect, by
many other Kdenlive users, for two reasons at least, one which is
trivial in the sense that it could be fixed easily, and one that is not.

The trivial point is that the source clips may come reside in multiple
folders, and conversively not all the files in one folders are expected
to end up in the slideshows.

The less trivial point is that the user may want to let Kdenlive provide
transitions at random, *then* be able to select any transition and
modify it to better suit their taste or remove it altogether; or add a
specific effect to a specific slide; or change a slide's duration for
some reason; or basically do whatever they want to the generated slideshow.

Thus what I am looking for is not a "slideshow clip" that would hide the
slideshow to the kdenlive operator, but a "slideshow generator" that
would automate the creation of a slideshow on a track, e.g. take all
currently selected clips put them on a track, adding a randomly chosen
transition.

This, I believe, is not the same feature as the slideshow clip, as it
does not cover the same need and does not provide the same functionality.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.