[Kdenlive-devel] Next release & roadmap...

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Sun Aug 22 12:55:57 UTC 2010

Hi!

I just made a big commit enabling track effects. So you can now drag & drop an
effect on a track header and it will be appied on the whole track.

I still have to do some work on it (currently they are not correctly saved so
use only for testing, also have to disable keyframable effects for tracks), and
polishing.

Apart from that, I think it's important to release a new version soon. So if
anyone agrees, we could enter in feature freeze in the next days (I hope to
finish my effect track stuff in the next 3-4 days) and concentrate on bug fixing
for the next 3 weeks.

String freeze could be planned in 10 days, so that we have the following
timeline:

1st of september: string freeze
13th of september: release Kdenlive 0.7.8

After that, I think we can work on Kdenlive 0.8, for which I want to implement
proxy editing which is a much requested feature.

If anybody has ideas or comments, please speak

regards
jb