[Kdenlive-devel] Czech manual

Simon Eugster simon.eu at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 09:35:10 UTC 2010

Would anyone object to switching to wikibooks now?

As I've seen, we don't have an offline documentation anyway. Or am I
mistaken? When clicking the menu entry Help > Kdenlive Handbook I get
redirected to http://kdenlive.org/user-manual. Which is mainly at the
state of 2008.

@Hugh: I would wote «Pro» for GSoC.

Simon

2010/7/20 Jan Drábek <me at jandrabek.cz>:
> [...]
>
> Color clip
> Generated clip (noise, countdown)
> Slideshow
> Subtitles
>
> FInishing project
>
> Render
>
> Timeline selection
> Render form
>
> Creating DVD
>
> Advanced functions
>
> Batches
> Reencoding
> Project cleaning
> Managing project profiles
> Downloading new lumas files
> Managing rendering profiles
>
> At the end
>
> Other materials
> Other video editors
>

> 2010/7/20 Hugh Tebby <hugh.tebby at gmail.com>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Considering the installed help, I'm not sure it should be a criteria for
>> choosing the online documentation system. The help could just send users the
>> the online documentation, like what is done in Blender for instance. Having
>> links to online documentation, video tutorials and the forum should be good
>> enough.
>>
>> The main issue with the documentation is covering the whole app and (most
>> of all) keeping it up to date. A wiki seems to me like the best solution,
>> and the most common. The Blender wiki is quite good I find :
>> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Main_Page
>>
>> We should really decide what structure to give to the user manual and then
>> have one documentation which could be translated to other languages.
>>
>> Jan, could you provide a translation at least of the titles of your
>> wikibook ? It would help understand and discuss (and hopefully enhance !)
>> the structure.
>>
>> Also in order to maybe get a stronger community we could have a look at
>> OpenShot, or Krita. OpenShot actually started building a community before
>> the app was available ! (via Facebook for instance). One thing that is great
>> about OpenShot and Krita is that their websites are also development blogs.
>> Krita has a weekly development summary which is a great read, and Openshot
>> has regular updates for enhancements and new features.
>>
>> Could Kdenlive (or maybe MLT...) also participate in the Google Summer of
>> Code next year ? A couple of full time devs would make quite a difference !
>> Recently Krita had a fundraising in order to pay one of their devs full time
>> for several months in order to optimize and stabilize the app, and it worked
>> great ! I would certainly be willing to throw in a couple of dozens dozens
>> to get two or three months of full-time Kdenlive development ! (but I
>> suppose that also means finding a developper that has a few months of spare
>> time...)
>>

>> Anyway, just a few thoughts !
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Hugh

>>> I think a good manual is very important for kdenlive:
>>> 1 There are often quite basic questions on the IRC and in the forums.
>>> 2 It would make users more aware of kdenlive