[Kdenlive-devel] r3877 looks bad on OS X

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Tue Sep 8 12:45:18 UTC 2009

On Monday 07 September 2009 23.11:56 Dan Dennedy wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 2:50 PM, Dan Dennedy<dan at dennedy.org> wrote:
> > Sorry for the bad news. See attached. I can try to figure out what to
> > do with the new code.
>
>     statusBar()->setMaximumHeight(statusBar()->font().pointSize() * 3);
>
> looks better for me than * 4 on both OS X and Linux with QtCurve. I am
> not using strange font sizes either: 9pt on Linux (95 dpi) and default
> on OS X (13pt). On Linux, even when I reduce the font to 8pt it looks
> fine on QtCurve whereas 2 weeks ago the bottom is chopped from the
> status bar buttons. So, *3 seems better all around, IMO. Even on Linux
> with *4, it looks too tall - tolerable, but nicer looking with *3.

Hi.

I tried to address these problems in my last commit (svn rev. 3881).
I disabled the frame around statusbar widgets using stylesheets (the frame was
also visible on linux with some styles). However, I am not sure stylesheets
are supported on Mac OS... I can't think of another way to fix that...

Let me know if it looks ok, at least for me it looks good with all styles.

regards