[Kdenlive-devel] AVCHD seeking committed into FFmpeg repository

Slavko Glamočanin slavko at glamocanin.net
Sun Sep 6 20:10:50 UTC 2009

I am talking about the API which doesnt have frame accurate seeking, only
time accurate which is a grave design flaw not addressed in the n years it
exists. The developer is left wondering which frame will be returned...
I am also hinting at the simple way you can get a frame from v4w and that it
would be nice to at least have a wrapper for seeking/decoding becase single
frame decoding is not useful for a userspace program (on that level).

Finally i wonder how many people are fed up with the attitude if maybe it is
the same as with glibc. Even the kernel has a staging tree for untested
code.

If you like it i guess its not all that bad:) But im worried what trouble
you had seeking for MLT.

s;