[Kdenlive-devel] profiles.xml in svn is outdated

Peter Soetens peter.soetens at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 14:00:53 UTC 2009

svn rev 4136

The export/profiles.xml file still uses acodec=aac, while the code in
src/renderer.cpp assumes that it uses acodec=libfaac. Just replace case
sensitive 'aac' with 'libfaac' in profiles.xml and it's fixed.

Also, it's quite annoying that you need to restart kdenlive after
running the Config Wizard in order to pickup the changes of installed
codecs. (same for picking up new profiles.xml ?)

I was also hit by the sound issue on Ubuntu Karmic which is broken badly
(kdenlive freezes during playback) when the wrong deb packages are
installed. I finally settled with libsdl1.2debian-all. Also dv recording
seems to be broken. It can connect (the cam goes into play/paused') but
a next command just stops the cam. The display only shows
'Initialising...'

There's also a bug in the scroll bar of the Render widget (test it with
scrolling through the H.264 profiles)

Besides that, really *great* product.

Peter