[Kdenlive-devel] Editing AVCHD h264/AC3 files in kdenlive

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Thu May 7 20:45:03 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 05 May 2009 19:07:12 Dan Dennedy wrote:
> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 1:17 AM, jb <jb at kdenlive.org> wrote:

> > In Kdenlive settings, we could have a new tab allowing users to define up
> > to 3 "preferred profiles", which would be pairs of MLT and rendering
> > profiles.
>
> Why 3 - to make coding up this new feature easier and more readily
> available?

That was a quick idea, but you're right, it probably doesn't make sense to
have a hardcoded limit...

> > Once this profile pairs are defined, a new option would appear in the
> > project tree context menu to convert a clip to this format (and add it to
> > project if
>
> Added or replace the transcoded clip?
Not sure what is the best... maybe user selectable.

> Also, in the Render dialog, we should make a simple change to run
> multiple render jobs sequentially as opposed to parallel. Then, add
> some additional functionality to batch transcode files outside of the
> timeline.

I have a patch ready to implement sequential rendering (one job after
another). Do you think there is any reason to keep parallel rendering or can I
get rid of it?

regards
jb