[Kdenlive-devel] Next Kdenlive release

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Tue Mar 31 08:15:27 UTC 2009

Hello everyone.

I am thinking to release the next Kdenlive release 0.7.3 soon, around the
13-14 of April. This release is really necessary since the 0.7.2 release
crashes under Qt 4.5 which is beginning to be a standard now.

I just updated the translation file, so all translators are welcome to start
updating their translations. There will be a complete string freeze on the 8th
of April, but from now on,  there should be almost no string change until
release.

In those 2 weeks, I will concentrate on bug fixes, so you are welcome to test
the latest svn, especially the clip grouping feature and double pass encoding
to track bugs.

The new features since the 0.7.2 release are:

* create rendering scripts
* track locking
* clip grouping
* split audio from clip
* one click install of new rendering and MLT profiles from Kdenlive
* monitor background color to see exactly the size of your video frame
* double pass encoding (not much tested)

regards
jb