[Kdenlive-devel] Fedora packaging

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu Mar 12 22:38:20 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Zarko Pintar <zarko.pintar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I know for this bug. I studied this thread, so I have some suggestions
> about that.
>
> People on Fedora's repository suggest than we exclude libffmpeg from mlt
> package, and that someone else maybe once build mlt-ffmpeg package on
> rpm-fusion repository.
> This is confusing and, I think quite unnecessary.
>
> So I suggest than we build these packages (mlt, mlt++ and kdenlive) for
> rpm-fusion repo with buildin all libs.
>
> What are you thinking about that?

I think that is a good idea. However, I do not always understand the
Fedora project's ideas and goals. At one one point I thought they
wanted kdenlive in the core repo to have a good, intermediate-level
editor (for people who have not yet discovered rpm-fusion or refuse to
use it), but without the legal or idealogical strings attached. If
your goal is to provide packages to kdenlive users who are using
Fedora, then rpm-fusion is the way to go. If the goal is to provide a
politically correct solution or to advance an agenda or movement, then
perhaps not.

--
+-DRD-+