[Kdenlive-devel] Google Summer of Code?

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Thu Mar 5 22:07:01 UTC 2009

Torsdag 05 marts 2009 skrev Dan Dennedy:
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:13 AM, Jean-Michel Pouré <jm at poure.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 11:17 +0100, Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
> >> write a synfig based title/animation clip creator/plugin
> >
> > That would be great.
>
> Uh, I do not understand. You can render a video or image sequence from
> synfig and use that already. If you want to integrate the UI, it does
> not make much sense since it uses GTK+.

I definitively would not want to integrate the synfig-studio GUI. However, it
is my understanding that synfig on the library level is possibly to use, e.g.
its render engine. So, my idea was to present a simplified UI that could be
used to create animated titles, with simple blobs in, and let synfig do the
actual rendering...

I'll have to look more into it, the synfig homepage have changed somewhat
since last time I looked at it (a while ago).

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

Who do you trust? Nobody? Good, let's put Nobody in charge then...

               - The Register on TCPA/Palladium, 20021109