[Kdenlive-devel] Google Summer of Code?

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu Mar 5 18:34:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:13 AM, Jean-Michel Pouré <jm at poure.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 11:17 +0100, Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
>> write a synfig based title/animation clip creator/plugin
>
> That would be great.

Uh, I do not understand. You can render a video or image sequence from
synfig and use that already. If you want to integrate the UI, it does
not make much sense since it uses GTK+. It might make sense to create
a MLT producer module that understands the synfig project and can
integrate synfig as a lib for rendering. This is similar to the
blender issue. These third party projects need to lend themselves more
to integration at the library level. Look at the kdenlive/MLT
architecture as an example. In the long run, I think that SVG-based
animation, a forthcoming timeline UI for Inkscape, and some SVG
animation renderer for MLT (webkit?) is possibly more interesting.

--
+-DRD-+