[Kdenlive-devel] Google Summer of Code?

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Thu Mar 5 10:26:44 UTC 2009

Torsdag 05 marts 2009 skrev Mads Bondo Dydensborg:

[..]
> But, we need some project people (from Kdenlive) to take on a
> responsibility for handling the relations to google/the students/etc.
>
> So, we really need backing from you, Jean-Michel, and JB, and probably Dan
> too.

Just to make it clear: I would of course take on the role of a mentor, but
alas, that is not enough to ensure that the rules of GSoC is followed. At
least not as I read them.

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

But the Napster case is not just, or even mainly, about piracy. It is about
business models. The industry wants to stick to its old one - selling
expensive compact discs - and to protect it. But Napster's success shows
that there is a lot of appetite for a new model. The old model is legal, but
the new one is not, since the industry refuses to endorse it.

Artists' interests deserve legal protection, within limits; business models
do not.

       - The Economist, 2001.02.24