[Kdenlive-devel] off-line video editing (Oceanwatcher)

Branislav Nakic rudlavibizon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 19:35:04 UTC 2009

> I wonder if blender is doing this sort of deep processing with video
> filters, etc. I think blender is an amazing tool with quite a
> different appeal than what kdenlive offers

I think it does. At least it doesn't hide it from rendering options. I don't
have experience with those things so I can't attest. Speaking of which,
Blender is an excellent example of successful art oriented FOSS software.
Maybe kdenlive developers should take a look at their 'business model',
although, obviously there are a lot of differences between the two.

To add to the futile pro/amateur discussion as a 'professional', I've
noticed that the main advantage of free software vs. proprietary  is that
you can deploy it as much as you like without licensing fuss. For instance,
I regularly use Avidemux and Blender at work and because I work on several
machines  the amount of money that is saved that way is not negligible.  So,
however bad it may sound, the best way for Kdenlive to advance in
professional  circles would be to port it to Windows, if at all possible.
Also i must say that I don't expect the devs to use their extra time to make
pro tool for free and I'm perfectly satisfied with it being a an 'amateur'
tool BUT right now  I'm not using it even for youtube videos beause of is
it's instability. I think you guys have done a great job with the interface
and features so maybe you should concentrate on those crashes?

bane