[Kdenlive-devel] [OT] Re: Introduction

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Sun Jun 7 17:49:46 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 10:20:03PM -0300, Oceanwatcher wrote:
> I believe that Kdenlive can be one of the corner stones in a
> future "Media package" for Linux.

Yup.

<offtopic>
> A free press is one of the important foundations for a living
> democracy. Many countries that have a young democracy are also
> poor and can not afford to buy any of the big editing systems.

Just for the record, we don't need no stinkin' democracy :)

And we can "borrow" overpriced software (not speaking for myself,
never liked that but that's what happens -- original piracy
targets included pepper which was sold for unjustified price,
still these days one would make a good laugh hearing about pepper
piracy I guess; exactly due to it becoming a commodity).

I'm from Ukraine which has been *severely* damaged by this
unneeded "democracy export"; and I don't hear that what's
currently happening in the US is anything near people's rule
but rather the opposite (some tell that looks very much like
late SU which they knew and left).
</offtopic>

> And I think Kdenlive can make a HUGE difference here.

Yup.

PS: sorry for the offtopic, but I'm afraid many good people
do believe what they're told but what just is not true.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>