[Kdenlive-devel] some drupal documentation questions

Ray Lehtiniemi rayl at mail.com
Sun Jun 7 15:44:02 UTC 2009

On Sunday 07 June 2009 06:32:16 jb at kdenlive.org wrote:

> Yes, that was mostly a copy/paste. I think a lot of content on Wikibooks is
> outdated, so it does not really make sense to migrate it...

would it be good to start decommissioning the wikibooks site then?  ie: start
going through all the pages, erasing them one by one and migrating any content
which is still valid?

> Regarding the images pointing to wikibooks, I just changed it because it
> broke the pdf generation. However I still didn't update the image links...

i guess any images which are still relevant could also be imported to drupal
and the links updates to point there.

> Hmm, I don't think the image tag is stripped, I can add images without
> problems here... Can you describe more precisely what does not work and
> which image you are trying to include?

sorry, brain fart on my side, there's no problem.

> I agree that small pages are usually more friendly

okay, i will start carving up the tutorial page then.

> >  - in order to make the "lots of little pages" approach work, it is
> > pretty much required to have the "printer friendly version" link enabled
> > at the bottom of book pages.  can this feature be enabled on the book
> > module?
>
> It was only enabled for logged users, I just changed that.

hmm, i still don't see it. the feature i am thinking of is a link at the
bottom of each item in a book outline.  the link is titled "Printer-friendly
version", sitting between the "Add child page" and "Add new comment" links. it
refers to /book/export/html/##. on my drupal, it is enabled under
/admin/user/permissions->book module->access printer friendly version.

perhaps the printpdf function is intercepting it somehow... i see it has the
same link, but prepended with /printpdf...

> >    (the default printer-friendly version is pretty ugly.  if this feature
> > is enabled, i have a CSS sheet which could be used on this site to make
> > the print versions a little nicer to read.)
>
> Okay, please send it to me & I can upload it.

will do, thanks.

ray