[Kdenlive-devel] some drupal documentation questions

jb at kdenlive.org jb at kdenlive.org
Sun Jun 7 12:32:16 UTC 2009

>okay, just took a look at the outline of the site, and have some
>questions/comments about node 969 (Kdenlive first project)
>
>  - this seems to be a cut-and-paste of the content from wikibooks. ie: edit
>    links point back to wikibooks.org, images link back to wikibooks, etc.
>    it looks like there is a lot of content on wikibooks that is not present
>    in drupal.  should it be migrated?

Yes, that was mostly a copy/paste. I think a lot of content on Wikibooks is outdated, so it does not really make sense to migrate it...

Regarding the images pointing to wikibooks, I just changed it because it broke the pdf generation. However I still didn't update the image links...

>  - what is the policy on image handling on this drupal? i see the image
>    module is installed and several galleries exist.
>    however, IMG tags are stripped out in the default input format so
>    I cannot use these images in pages.  can the img tag be added to the
>    allowed tags, or are there security reasons for it to be disabled?

Hmm, I don't think the image tag is stripped, I can add images without problems here... Can you describe more precisely what does not work and which image you are trying to include?

>  - 969 is a large monolithic page, i've had good luck in the past with drupal
>    by splitting these up into a large number of small, targeted pages,
>    basically one per title in the monolithic document.  does that make sense
>    to everyone, or are there problems with this approach?

I agree that small pages are usually more friendly

>  - in order to make the "lots of little pages" approach work, it is pretty
>    much required to have the "printer friendly version" link enabled at the
>    bottom of book pages.  can this feature be enabled on the book module?

It was only enabled for logged users, I just changed that.

>    (the default printer-friendly version is pretty ugly.  if this feature is
>    enabled, i have a CSS sheet which could be used on this site to make the
>    print versions a little nicer to read.)

Okay, please send it to me & I can upload it.

>  - are there any options to tweak the format of the PDF doc created from
>    the link in the book module?

There are only a few basic options available: paper size, font & font-size, etc...

regards
jb