[Kdenlive-devel] Getting Kdenlive 0.7.4

Philippe Landau lists at user-land.org
Wed Jun 3 13:59:04 UTC 2009

Thanks for the new release.
I am a simple user and currently using Kubuntu 9.04.

http://kdenlive.org/user-manual/downloading-and-installing-kdenlive/pre-compiled-packages
has a defective link to the "Builder wizard". On
http://kdenlive.org/user-manual/downloading-and-installing-kdenlive/pre-compiled-packages/ubuntu-packages
the information about Ubuntu is outdated.

(I am quite unhappy with Kubuntu and KDE4, they are quite slow on an
average dualcore computer with 4GB Ram. Dolphin stalls all the time,
Kmediaplayer crashes every time after closing a window, Dolphin and
Konqueror both use MiB so you always have to calculate file sizes by
multiplying with multiples of 1.024.)

On the signup page, checking: "I agree with these terms. *" is
mandatory, but i see no terms.
http://kdenlive.org/user/register

The Kdenlive Builder Wizard 0.9.90 seems to be here:
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=85826
but how do i download it and then install Kdenlive 0.7.4 ?

(I tried to convert a homemade PAL DVD to mp4 with Avidemux,
but avidemux-qt 2.4.4 still introduces a static noise at the start
of the film when deinterlacing,
and the recommended deinterlacing filter
http://avidemux.org/admWiki/index.php?title=Video_filter_Decomb_Telecide
actually did not deinterlace the interlaced sequences.)

Kind regards     Philippe