[Kdenlive-devel] % lost in keyframeable effects

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu Jul 2 16:50:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 4:21 AM, Marco<g.marco at freenet.de> wrote:
> Hi
>
> do only i have the effect, that kdenlive-effects that uses % (for relative
> values) are lost and the values are send to mlt without %.
> I would prefer to keep the %, if the value can be set to %, so we could
> have an resolution independet setting.
>
> Easy to see in the vignette effect f.e. (default center is 50%x50% with
> width 50%)

MLT does accept percentages for spatial parameters - such as
everywhere you get the rectangle widget. We'll have to see what JBM
says. I am sure he knows this, but decided not to for a reason - maybe
as simple as control and certainty. Certainly, if you enable a Distort
option, maybe you do not want the width and height to be percentage,
but Distort is generally not a good option to use. I encourage you or
others to experiment with changing this parameter and widget type to
use % and see how well it works.

--
+-DRD-+