[Kdenlive-devel] [Kdenlive] Camcorder footage

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Wed Jan 14 09:37:02 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 12:33 AM, Jean-Michel Pouré <jm at poure.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 21:06 +0100, Ivan Schreter wrote:
>> Regarding the ffmpeg patch, as I wrote, this is NO SOLUTION. It's just
>> workaround for this specific camcorder AVCHD format. It might cause
>> unpredictable results on other source material. But I didn't post it
>> anywhere else yet and don't have much time right now to do it. If you
>> wish, feel free to discuss it with ffmpeg developers and put me on
>> the
>> CC :-)
>>
>> BTW, do you know by chance where is the video timing

See mlt/src/modules/producer_avformat.c

>>  (or computation of timestamps for timestamp-less frames) handled in kdenlive?

Frames in MLT do not have timestamps per se unless you consider the
frame ordinal (0, 1, 2, ...) and even then, it does not reorder. The
architecture is more like a constant framerate frame server. The
producer is expected to produce frames for each request (by its
consumer) at a constant frame.

You have to look at ffmpeg.c rather than any of its libs. It is quite hairy!

> you can explain us ...
>
> Kind regards,