[Kdenlive-devel] [Kdenlive] Camcorder footage

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Wed Jan 14 08:33:22 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 21:06 +0100, Ivan Schreter wrote:
> Regarding the ffmpeg patch, as I wrote, this is NO SOLUTION. It's just
> workaround for this specific camcorder AVCHD format. It might cause
> unpredictable results on other source material. But I didn't post it
> anywhere else yet and don't have much time right now to do it. If you
> wish, feel free to discuss it with ffmpeg developers and put me on
> the
> CC :-)
>
> BTW, do you know by chance where is the video timing (or computation
> of
> timestamps for timestamp-less frames) handled in kdenlive? Maybe I
> can
> look at it during the weekend and eventually make a workaround
> directly
> in kdenlive.

Dear Ivan,

I answer you on Kdenlive mailing list. This is about your workaround:
http://www.kdenlive.org/video-editor/panasonic-hdc-sd9

I proposed the solution on FFmpeg mailing list and someone answered me
that this was the same as -vsync 0 FFmpeg option. I don't understand
what video sync to zero means. But then how is the video synced? Maybe
you can explain us ...

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel