[Kdenlive-devel] Hello

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Sun Jan 11 21:25:45 UTC 2009

Søndag 11 januar 2009 skrev Simon Eugster:

> The repo; You seem to be working in the branch KDE4 and not in trunk, is
> that correct?

That is correct.

> Translation: I'm sort of a hobby typographer, and I was wondering about two
> things. Is it possible to use Unicode characters in .po files?

Yes - all .po files should be saved in utf8 format, which effortlessly carries
unicode.

> And the
> second one, is it also possible to use Unicode for text to be translated in
> .cpp files? ;)

Probably, but you will probably need to wrap strings in something like
i18n( QString::fromUtf8( "C string with utf8 chars in" ));
and, it might be needed to set tags on the files in svn to make sure that they
remain utf8 encoded when checked out on non-utf8 systems. Easy in theory,
might be a little more work in practice. Worth a try, but check with jb and
jmpoure first :-)

> And, in the Limiter effect, what is meant with «Release Time»?

Google is your friend: http://www.ethanwiner.com/compressors.html

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

"The Bible and the Church have been the greatest stumbling blocks in the
way of women's emancipation."
                           - Elizabeth Cady Stanton