[Kdenlive-devel] Hello

Simon Eugster simon.eu at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 20:53:14 UTC 2009

Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-01-11 at 14:14 +0100, Simon Eugster wrote:
>> Thanks! My username is Granjow.
> Thanks done.

Thanks!

>> Wouldn't it be easier to commit it to the SVN repo directly?
> This is what we recommand. Please register SourceForge and contact JB
> back for SVN write access.

Already happened :)

I've got a few questions now, regarding translation in common and the SVN
repo. Hope it is correct to ask them here :)

The repo; You seem to be working in the branch KDE4 and not in trunk, is
that correct?

Translation: I'm sort of a hobby typographer, and I was wondering about two
things. Is it possible to use Unicode characters in .po files? And the
second one, is it also possible to use Unicode for text to be translated in
.cpp files? ;)

One thing I'd like to change is the multiplication sign; kdenlive here uses
a lowercase X, but the × sign (U+00d7) [1][2] would suit better there (and
is correct, too :)). I'll wait with correcting that in source code to avoid
mistakes (.equals(...)), could someone help me?

Ah, and my kbabel wants to insert this line to the .po file:
+"Plural-Forms:  nplurals=2; plural=(n != 1);\n"
Does that matter?

And, in the Limiter effect, what is meant with «Release Time»?

Simon

[1] http://decodeunicode.org/u+00d7
[2] http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malzeichen#Darstellung_in_Computersystemen