[Kdenlive-devel] VDPAU patch applied to FFmpeg

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Mon Jan 5 18:15:04 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Jean-Michel Pouré <jm at poure.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 09:50 -0800, Dan Dennedy wrote:
>> Otherwise, it's only useful as a player and not to
>> kdenlive.
>
> Kdenlive is using inigo player for display. If you can accelerate inigo

Is it? I thought it was using the library API for display and just
inigo for rendering. This is just a technicality; inigo is just a tiny
command line interface to the API.

> display, then this fixed the decoding speed issue of H.264. This is all
> what VDPAU patch is about: display streams during editing. No?

Only if you want to give up video filters or transitions. It might be
rather tricky to switch between the CPU and VDPAU for the filtered and
non-filtered portions especially for AVCHD where we already have some
seeking issues.  My brief review of the VDPAU API lead me to believe
it is easy to get the decoded image and not use the display API. I
just need to look into the details.

--
+-DRD-+