[Kdenlive-devel] kdenlive0.7.1

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Fri Jan 2 21:34:54 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Wayne <shakacat at ukulele.com> wrote:
> Happy New Year!
>
> I'm hoping to try out Kdenlive0.7.1 but I'm having
> problems installing it. I saw it on rpmfind and
> downloaded the both 0.7.1 and mlt0.3.4. However, when I
> try to run kdenlive, I get this error message:
> "Fatal Error
> MLT's avformat (FFMPEG) module not found. Please check
> your FFMPEG and MLT install. Kdenlive will not work
> unless this is fixed."

Devs, was this added recently? That should not be a required module!
It worked fine for me a few days ago with that module deleted. Maybe
this code is somewhere in the first-run wizard. If you recall, I was
doing tests and changes to make it possible to do DV, Vorbis, and
images only edting.

Nevertheless, you are really going to want that module.

> I do have both ffmpeg0.4.9 and libavformats52-0.4.9
> installed. How do I resolve this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Wayne
> Mandriva 2009

Did your MLT package include a libmltavformat.so.0.3.4? (rpm -ql mlt |
grep libmltavformat)

If so, does 'inigo -query producers 2>&1 | grep avformat' show a result?

You need to file a bug with Mandriva because either a library linkage
is broken, the module is missing in the package, or a dependency is
missing.

--
+-DRD-+