[Kdenlive-devel] Fwd: kdenlive devel svn move to kde.svn.org
Mads Bondo Dydensborg
mads at dydensborg.dk
Fri Jan 2 21:11:30 UTC 2009
I have been asked to forward this mail to the list.
I myself have no wellformed opinion on the subject matter.
P.S. I am not sure I should actually forward to the list, but I reckon that as
long as it does not become a habit, its OK. Hope you agree.
---------- Forwarded mail ----------
From: Juergen <synanceaverrucosa at abwesend.de>
To: mads at dydensborg.dk
This messages' purpose is to prepare a delicious meal and to kick of a
conversation about benefits (pros) and the caveats (cons) to shift the
development / code from sourceforge to svn.kde.org
It has been recently suggested by Albert Astals Cid to move more projects that
are kde-based/related to svn.kde.org.
(see http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-release-team&m=122675748815131&w=2 )
Benefits (as mentioned by sebas & aacid):
- less infrastructure maintainance
- more likely participation of developers that have a KDE SVN account already
- code review, a lot of people follow commits and review patches (no promise,
it's just more likely due to increased visibility)
- can be released alongside KDE (whereever it ends up, even extragear)
- integration of SVN with bugtracker
- translation done be KDE translation teams (manpower, consistency across
- shows stronger KDE ties, taking a bit more advantage of KDE's brand
- the ebn, people doing roaming fixes, etc."
- possibly losing history
- migration effort"
- coordinate the move with someone (aacid?)
- find a apropriate modul (extragear/multimedia?)
- apply for kde.svn account (for those who dont already have one)
Not all mentioned here applies to kdenlive. the bugtracker we use atm appears
to fit our needs.
The people behind Krusader had a discussion about this recently, this is what
I could dig up for your viewing pleasure. links mention (some of) what came
to their minds, where their questions, answers, considerations etc. (spoiler:
they favored the move):
I believe a move would benefit kdenlive, but this i your decision to make.
avec mes sentiments les meilleures,
More information about the Kdenlive