[Kdenlive-devel] Nokia N series Profile and export

el jefe delito eljefedelito at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 14:51:35 UTC 2009

On Friday 13 February 2009 04:37:03 Salvatore Brigaglia wrote:
> > The important part of this new profile is the 15fps. I do not like how
> > the name is device-specific. There is really nothing that
> > device-specific about it.

Although I agree with this, many end users don't understand these technical details, and they like the 'comfort' they get from knowing that this format is 'designed' to work with their Hardware Platform X.

I read a review of Handbrake recently and the author was excited to know that, right out of the box, the software supported his hardware video requirements.  I cannot find that link presently, but I do think that it is a good idea.  Could KDEnlive have a "By Hardware" profile section which just duplicates the settings that video geeks would know to work, but others may not?