[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive 0.7.2 released

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Mon Feb 2 21:27:30 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 22:05 +0100, Salvatore Brigaglia wrote:
> (in fact it is able to
> render only to dv).

I am presently uploading the Debian live DVDs and Keys to our website.
Tomorrow, I will add KDE to please some users. Why not.

If FFMpeg is not compiled with all available options, we will not cite
your live DVDs/USB keys to the public, because users would not
understand to be only able to render to DV.

IMHO, I prefer Debian, because I build the DVDs and Keys using a public
method and there is no way to include malicious code in our releases.

Our DVDs/Keys are built using Christian Marillat Debian packages which
are always up-to-date. Even FFmpeg rarely lacks 2 weeks or more. So I
will not invest time and energy into testing yet another solution. I am
too buzy with the website and MacOsX packaging.

This to say we welcome your packages, but you must be aware:
* They will never become mainstream packages,
* We don't trust other packages than than Marillat for demo purpose,
* Our build method is public, the script can be used by anyone, so we
trust it. No malicious possibility.

So don't invest too much time into providing USB/CD solutions.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel