[Kdenlive-devel] 0.7.6 crashes on Ubuntu 9.10

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Fri Dec 25 18:12:09 UTC 2009

2009/12/24 dan williams <dan_williams at sunshine.net>:
> that comment was inspried from me giving up on the precompiled binaries and
> trying to compile it myself, the versions that were available (without me
> running unstable) were all wrong, it was really frustrating.

I see. Dependency version problems?

> heh, I 'been here' for more than a year, I wont say its cause I cant work
> out how to get off the mailing list, but its been interesting watching the
> problems that come in.

If you think this is bad, you should see the bug tracker and forums!

> it would take me as long write something new as to work my way around the
> piles of stuff kdenlive is made of, esp as I have no idea how it grew into
> all its dependencies.

We can help you focus in on a particular area of interest as it is all
very well layered and modular: obviously frei0r and LADSPA as plugins,
but also within FFmpeg and MLT - a bit less so within Kdenlive, but
not too bad. However, you will need to get over the custom build hump.

> I don't intend any insult to your project, its the compilation of a lot of
> good work.

OK, thanks.