[Kdenlive-devel] 0.7.6 crashes on Ubuntu 9.10

dan williams dan_williams at sunshine.net
Fri Dec 25 02:30:02 UTC 2009

I was interested to see what the reaction to that would be like!

Dan Dennedy wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 7:04 AM, dan williams <dan_williams at sunshine.net> wrote:
>
>> I'v found no evidence that there is a system it dosn't crash on. I'm
>>

> I've found no evidence there is a software video editor any any system
> that doesn't crash.

well I cant disagree...
>> running debian and cant really do anything to any video without it
>> ducking out. so I sorta gave up.
>> Its not really the kdenlive developers fault, from what I'v seen, the
>> MLT libraries change in non-backwards compatible ways at a rate nobody
>> can keep up with.
>>

> LMAO. You are an idiot.

that comment was inspried from me giving up on the precompiled binaries
and trying to compile it myself, the versions that were available
(without me running unstable) were all wrong, it was really frustrating.
>> I'm keeping my ear on the mailing list hoping that someone will fork an
>> extremely simplified version of kdenlive that can actually do basic
>> video sequencing without crashing.
>>

> There are plenty of other things to try. What about my old app Kino?

I think I tried that, I dont know what my problem was with it.
>> Kdenlive was something I tried instead of making my own program that did
>> frame decomposition and resequencing, cause ya know, why re-invent the
>> wheel?
>>

> Indeed. So why aren't you helping instead of just coming around here
> and being an asshole?

heh, I 'been here' for more than a year, I wont say its cause I cant
work out how to get off the mailing list, but its been interesting
watching the problems that come in.
it would take me as long write something new as to work my way around
the piles of stuff kdenlive is made of, esp as I have no idea how it
grew into all its dependencies.

I don't intend any insult to your project, its the compilation of a lot
of good work.

thats my take,

dan

> +-DRD-+