[Kdenlive-devel] 0.7.6 crashes on Ubuntu 9.10

dan williams dan_williams at sunshine.net
Thu Dec 24 15:04:08 UTC 2009

I'v found no evidence that there is a system it dosn't crash on. I'm
running debian and cant really do anything to any video without it
ducking out. so I sorta gave up.
Its not really the kdenlive developers fault, from what I'v seen, the
MLT libraries change in non-backwards compatible ways at a rate nobody
can keep up with.
I'm keeping my ear on the mailing list hoping that someone will fork an
extremely simplified version of kdenlive that can actually do basic
video sequencing without crashing.
Kdenlive was something I tried instead of making my own program that did
frame decomposition and resequencing, cause ya know, why re-invent the
wheel?

dan