[Kdenlive-devel] gtk recordmydesktop

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Tue Dec 22 15:57:03 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Damien Hull <dhull at digital-overload.net> wrote:
> If I render the video as Flash 4000k it works. What about other formats like avi etc...? None of them seem
> to work. Not only is the video quality bad but the size of the video is small. It doesn't fill the screen.

small is a bad description - you talking about file size or
resolution? "doesn't fill the screen" implies resolution. Then, I
question if you are correctly using the custom project setting you
created to match your screen capture resolution. Otherwise, "small"
and "screen" are ambiguous other than to say you did not get what you
expect.

> I tried xvid and I got a small video. Again, it doesn't fill the screen.

Without having much detail or insight into the problem, sounds like a
bad MLT build to me.

> I don't understand why other formats don't work. The following commands seem to work  fine...
>
> mencoder out-1.ogv -nosound -ovc lavc -ofps 30 -vf scale=1280:720 -o out.mpg
>
> mencoder out-1.ogv -oac copy -ovc lavc -vf scale=1280:720 -o screencast.avi

+-DRD-+