[Kdenlive-devel] gtk recordmydesktop

Damien Hull dhull at digital-overload.net
Mon Dec 21 23:43:57 UTC 2009

I'm trying to create a screencast with gtk recordmydesktop and kdenlive.

1. Ubuntu 9.10
2. Kdenlive 0.7.5
3. Created a custom profile with these instructions
http://www.kdenlive.org/contribution-manual/howto-make-video-tutorial

I can capture video but I don't know how to export it. Every time I export in different formats the video quality is so bad I can't use it. The website doesn't seem to have any information on this. Can someone explain this to me?

Note:
I'm unable to play my captured video in the preview monitor. It plays a few seconds and then stops. That's when Kdenlive locks up. I have to kill it. Not sure what this means but I feel the need to add this bit of information.