[Kdenlive-devel] big files = no fun

Melchior FRANZ melchior.franz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 01:05:18 UTC 2009

* Dan Dennedy -- Wednesday 09 December 2009:
> Well, you are getting a lot of advice;

Yeah, thanks for all that.

> ffmpeg -i in.vob -target pal-dv out.dv

The conversion worked well. The VHS video was already copied at least twice, and
then digitized, and the original was probably not the best either, but this still
looks acceptable.

Unfortunately, there's a ~1 second picture (not sound!) freezing at the beginning
of the second and third file. (I can cut the freezing parts out ... or just blame
kdenlive when I show the result ;-).  Apart from this, picture and sound seem to
be in sync and cursor setting works precisely. So the fun can begin ...   :-)

m.