[Kdenlive-devel] big files = no fun

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Tue Dec 8 07:18:37 UTC 2009

Tirsdag 08 december 2009 skrev Melchior FRANZ:
> Hey,
>
> after months of just toying around with kdenlive I tried for the first time
>  to do an actual project. I started with putting three ~1 GB files on the
>  timeline, one after the other, then wanted to watch parts of it in the
>  project viewer.

No solution for you - probably format related or something else, just wanted,
for the record, to state that 1 GB files are not big at all.

My latest project in Kdenlive (granted, it has been a while) used about 12 GB
data in various sizes. And that was a sort of smallish project.

So, you should probably look elsewhere than the size for the problem.

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

The Bible tells us to be like God, and then on page after page it describes
God as a mass murderer. This may be the single most important key to the
political behavior of Western Civilization.
                       - Robert A. Wilson (Right Where You Are Sitting Now)