[Kdenlive-devel] OS X is usable now

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Sat Aug 29 19:59:25 UTC 2009

2009/8/29 Marco Gittler <g.marco at freenet.de>:
> Very nice, work.
>
> Hi
>
> Builds fine and work very good.
> I found only one small thing: Play a Clip in the Clip Monitor works well.
> Click in the timeline to change the frame in the projectview shows only a
> black monitor.

I do not ever recall seeing this problem, but I will try to reproduce.
Is it only when you click in the timeline while a clip is actively
playing in the Clip Monitor?

> Clicking after the last clip in the timeline shows a frame from the project.

OK, will take a look. I will warn you that I know Split View in the
TImeline Monitor is broken - do not even bother to try. Beyond that, I
plan to disable the Record Monitor and related sections of the
Preferences dialog until some options become available there.

In addition, there are cosmetic issues, but my installation of KDE is
about 6 months old. Do you see extra 1px black frames/boxes around the
widgets in the status bar? There are some additional lines/borders in
the tab containers - maybe the dock widget. Lastly, the left and right
edges of the windows need a little border. I am having fun to figure
these things out.

The biggest thing that I like about working on OS X is that I can
build, run, and debug directly in Qt Creator - including MLT. On
Linux, I can only run kdenlive from its installed location
necessitating a 'make install' as part of the dev/debug cycle.

> regards marco
>
> Am 27.08.2009 um 07:40 schrieb Dan Dennedy:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> After a lot of work, I finally have Kdenlive working rather well on OS
>> X with the video monitors embedded in the app. I also removed the
>> special SDL main hooks that were committed  a while - these proved no
>> longer necessary and interfered with KDE/Qt hooks to remap standard
>> menu entries like Quit and Preferences. Of course, it required a
>> little addition to MLT to make it all work, and QGLWidget came in real
>> handy. Actually, most of these changes ought to work on Linux with
>> OpenGL as well, but I did not have a chance to test that. Also, I did
>> not want to put in the effort yet to figure out how to change the
>> build to not require GL and only include it if detected.
>>
>> It would be nice to get a release soon due to this (so I can update
>> official MacPorts portfiles) and due to all the MLT internal
>> improvements over the past couple of months. I will be making a new
>> MLT release very soon.
>>
>> --
>> +-DRD-+

+-DRD-+