[Kdenlive-devel] AVCHD seeking committed into FFmpeg repository

Ivan Schreter schreter at gmx.net
Sat Aug 22 16:33:26 UTC 2009

Hi all,

FYI: since there were no objections from FFmpeg since a week, I've just
committed my seeking patches to FFmpeg repository (revision 19681).
MPEG-TS (and thus also AVCHD) seeking now works, at least for AVCHD
movies from my Panasonic camcorder. I know that Canon camcorders had
some issues with proper key frame detection (files are missing
appropriate SEI messages), so they might still have a problem.

As for MLT, I've updated my patch for the newest MLT revision (as of
today, 2009-08-22). I didn't test it too much, though, but here it is
attached. So feel free to test it.

MPEG-PS movies (e.g., DVD VOB) don't work correctly with MLT patch only.
Two patches for FFmpeg are still needed, one which introduces proper
seeking for MPEG-PS, one to fix a bug in mpegvideo parser. These patches
are not yet accepted by FFmpeg, but I attached them here. They also
cause seeking regression (patch NOT attached).

Regards,

Ivan