[Kdenlive-devel] profile proliferation

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Wed Apr 15 18:26:04 UTC 2009

When I added the dual pass render profiles, it became abundantly clear
that there was an incredible amount of redundancy. Most of the
profiles vary simply by bitrate and # passes. I propose that we add a
new attribute to the profile to indicate whether it offer rate
controls and add some new widgets. Obviously, bitrate and # passes
falls into there, but I am thinking GOP size (max key frame interval)
and # bframes might as well. Sure, there could be more options, but
this is the very low hanging fruit -- just look at the lists in the
render dialog! Even though some things like DVD seem like they might
use this should not, actually, because there are strict settings.

Any objections? I prefer someone to volunteer because I have some
major MLT work planned, but if no one gets around to it, I probably
will. It would be a good task for a new developer.

--
+-DRD-+