[Kdenlive-devel] Mantis bug pruning (how to become "closer")

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Fri Sep 26 09:10:56 UTC 2008

On Thursday 25 September 2008 09:14:13 Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
> I closed 20 bugs yesterday, that were all filed against the KDE3 version,
> using this text:

Great, thanks for the help.

> At least one user was really annoyed with this approach:
> http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=174

> My main focus is to try to make the mantis database a more useful tool for
> tracking the status of the development. There are many, many bug reports
> that, IMHO, are lacking.

I think you are right, the bug tracker must be useful for developers and help
fixing issues. We currently don't have enough developers to maintain different
versions, so my opinion is that we can close KDE3 bugs (unless is seems like a
feature request or a bug that obviously still applies to KDE4 version).

I understand that it can be frustrating for some users, but they need to
realize that there is only one regular contributor to Kdenlive's code and that
it's a huge job. I really think the people involved here try to do their best.

regards
jb