[Kdenlive-devel] Mantis bug pruning (how to become "closer")

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Thu Sep 25 07:14:13 UTC 2008

torsdag 25 September 2008 skrev Javier Agustìn Fernàndez Arroyo:
> why not looking for being able to reproduce the bug in the KDE4 version?
> if it cant be reproduced, then bug is fixed

Yes, that may be a better way to go about it. I am not sure all bugs can even
be reproduced, but perhaps I should try.

I closed 20 bugs yesterday, that were all filed against the KDE3 version,
using this text:

-----
It appears this bug was filed against the KDE3/qt3 version of Kdenlive. This
version is no longer supported, and this issue has been closed.

If you believe this is an error, or can reproduce this issue using the
KDE4/qt4 version of Kdenlive, please file a new report.

If you have trouble building/obtaining the KDE4/qt4 version of Kdenlive,
please consult http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Kdenlive/Getting_and_installing

You may especially be interessted in the Kdenlive Builder Wizard, available at
http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=85826 .
------

If consensus is that they should be reopened, I will reopen them, and
investigate further. Obviously, this will delay the process considerably.

At least one user was really annoyed with this approach:
http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=174

My main focus is to try to make the mantis database a more useful tool for
tracking the status of the development. There are many, many bug reports
that, IMHO, are lacking.

So, what should I do? Reopen and try to reproduce? Or?

Mads