[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive freequent crashs + slow speed

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Sun Sep 14 07:49:07 UTC 2008

Now that Kdenlive SVN compiles fine, I can work, here are my remarks:

* Display is very slow, for some rason I don't understand.

For example, I shot my garden during 24 hours, and then use the image
thumbnail to create a film. This is a test for inclusing in a future
film (I am learning). Under KDE3, I could view the film in HDV format
without speed problem. Now, Kdenlive can hardly display 1 frame every
two seconds.

DV seems to display well. But not mpeg4 movies shot with small cameras.
Strange.

* Kdenlive breaks very frequently for some reason I cannot understand.
Should I report every single bug? Or are your guys well aware of these
bugs, working on fixing them?

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel