[Kdenlive-devel] MLT compilation

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Tue Sep 9 20:50:36 UTC 2008

tirsdag 09 September 2008 skrev Bernd Porr:
> Hi!
>
> Hmmm. I'm a bit reluctant to install these additional packages under 1)
> because I need the system also for "normal" work. ;-) How stable are the
> newer QT libaries?

A couple of points:

- According to jb, you need at least Qt 4.4 and KDE 4.1 to run the Kdenlive
for KDE4 version.

- AFAIK, the libs install into /opt/kde4 or something similar (under Hardy),
so they do not interfer with your normal install.

- I think Qt 4.4 is quite stable. At least it is used in my workplace for
production releases (of crossplatform GUI software).

Re the first point: You can use the wizard to build the KDE 3 version, but
that version is no longer maintained.

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

You may not use the Software in connection with any site that disparages
Microsoft, MSN, MSNBC, Expedia, or their products or services, infringe any
intellectual property or other rights of these parties, violate any state,
federal or international law, or promote racism, hatred or pornography.
                                     - Part of MS Frontpage 2002 EULA