[Kdenlive-devel] Updated blocking bugs for the 0.7 release.

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Thu Oct 30 09:02:04 UTC 2008

I have updated the target versions for the bugs we have discussed in mantis.
Its great that so many have been fixed in the last day (although I still can
not get 263 to work, but I have moved that to 0.7.1).

Please check that the below looks right, as I may have made a mistake

The following issues from http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/roadmap_page.php are
still open for 0.7.0:

- 0000293: [Rendering] Render does not start with a full frame - acknowledged.
- 0000220: [Effects] No transition effects on text clip - acknowledged.
- 0000228: [Effects] audio crossfade between different cutted parts of the
same clip produces cracking noise - acknowledged.

293 may have a fix committed already - waiting for jmpoure to confirm it fixes
the issue
220 have a partial workaround, but I believe jb wants to fix it for good.
228 is the most problematic issue and will probably require several days to
fix

So, its getting close.

-o-

Regarding the release and mantis. I have not completed the policy draft yet,
but I will suggest that upon release, we tag all bugs that have been closed
since the beta release as fixed in version 0.7.0, and set their target
versions to empty. This should update the mantis changelog, and clean the
roadmap of already released versions. We should probably then move to use
Dans suggestion about resolved for bugs that are fixed in SVN, and wait with
a close until the next release. This depends a bit on how the Changelog
works. There is also a discussion about how to use the target version -
jmpoure has suggested some sort of todo list, which I am still trying to
figure out (a suggestion will be in the draft to discuss).

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

Those who have challenged the inequalities of global trade have pointed to
the fact that some of the world's richest nations once used tariff barriers
to devastating effect in building their economies. But the history of patent
protection suggests that that is not the only means by which the rich
nations have raised the drawbridge after entering the castle. When it suits
the rich countries to impose free trade, they do so. When it suits them to
impose protectionism, they argue that this is the only path to development.
But woe betide the poor nation which seeks to apply the lessons of the past.
                           - George Monbiot on Patent nonsense