[Kdenlive-devel] high def render geneated only sound

Bernd Porr B.Porr at elec.gla.ac.uk
Sat Oct 25 12:36:35 UTC 2008

Hi all,

yesterday I managed to compile KDENLIVE the first time under ubuntu
8.10. I've only checked out MLT and KDENLIVE. All the libraries came
from ubuntu.

I pulled two high def m2t files from by V1 on the timeline and rendered
it to a new M2t file. However, the file only contained sound. Is that an
issue with MLT or KDENLIVE? How can I debug that to be more precise.

Another Q: is it possible to treat sound and video separately coming
from one m2t file? Basically having them in two timelines? I can see a
couple of hacks (video transparent, audio muted, splitting up with
mencoder etc) but is there a way of doing that properly? It's quite
essential for film editing.

Thanks!

/Bernd
--