[Kdenlive-devel] Patch for issue 231 - OK to commit?

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Fri Oct 24 12:35:23 UTC 2008

fredag 24 Oktober 2008 skrev Lúcio Corrêa:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 6:09 PM, Mads Bondo Dydensborg
> <mads at dydensborg.dk> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Below a very basic patch for issue 231:
> > http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=231
> >
> > Two questions
> >
> > - do you want playback to stop on minimize?

> Maybe would be better to make that optional, with a Preferences setting?

I already commited - do you have a good usecase to make this optional?

Note, playback will also stop if you move to another desktop, roll down the
window, and probably in a number of other cases. What we had where a
situation, where playback would stop on a maximize event (after minimize),
due to some code in monitormanager, that reacts to visibilityChanged. So, in
short, before this patch, in order of what I think users do the most:

When playing:

move to other desktop: stop, move back: N/A
minimize: continue, restore min.: stop
roll up window: continue, roll down: stop

After patch:

move to other desktop: stop, move back: N/A
minimize: stop, restore min.: N/A
roll up window: continue, roll down: stop

So, now there is an inconsistency with roll up, really - but I think roll up
is so rare, that it does not really matter.

And, if you _really_ want to keep kdenlive running, you can actually roll it
up, _then_ minimize it, and it will continue :-) (It will stop, however, when
you roll it down).

My patch was just a quick fix to the most obvious, user reported,
inconsistency :-)

Comments very welcome.

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

Men of vast integrity are seldom popular.  They are often crucified

                               - Dave Mallery