[Kdenlive-devel] effects

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Wed Oct 22 19:19:47 UTC 2008

onsdag 22 Oktober 2008 skrev jb:
> On Tuesday 21 October 2008 21.21:48 opensourcecat wrote:

> > My two cents: Omit the non-fixable effect plugins from kdenlive UI (hiding
> > non-working effects) and tag it for the 0.7 release, then in the
> > development branch work together to fix them (I WISH I COULD CODE!).
>
> Here is the idea:
>
> For effects that crash, I created a "blacklisted_effects.txt" text file.
> Kdenlive will parse that file on startup and hide all effects that are in it
> (will do the same for transitions).

Very nice that you removed them. However, I think we need to track the issues
with them (I am a firm believer in tracking issues, as you may have noted :-)

I suggest that I create bugs for all the effects in the blacklist, under
category effects, and set the target version to 0.7.1. We can then track them
individually, also use these issues to keep track of valid values, that sort
of thing.

Jb: what do you think?

This is also to keep information from e.g. bug
http://www.kdenlive.org:80/mantis/view.php?id=252 which I am not really sure
what I should do with at the moment: you can no longer crash kdenlive with
it, but we do want to keep the crash report open for reference. Or what?

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

There has never been a good war or a bad peace.
                           - Benjamin Franklin