[Kdenlive-devel] effects

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Wed Oct 22 18:08:08 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 21 October 2008 21.21:48 opensourcecat wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 October 2008 21:09:55 Dan Dennedy wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:16 AM, Marco <g.marco at freenet.de> wrote:
> My two cents: Omit the non-fixable effect plugins from kdenlive UI (hiding
> non-working effects) and tag it for the 0.7 release, then in the
> development branch work together to fix them (I WISH I COULD CODE!).

Here is the idea:

For effects that crash, I created a "blacklisted_effects.txt" text file.
Kdenlive will parse that file on startup and hide all effects that are in it
(will do the same for transitions).

For Frei0r effects that crash because of invalid min or may values, we can
easily create xml files that define these values, like it is currently handled
for MLT effects (see effects/ subfolder). This xml info will override the
effect data if the original effect is blacklisted.

I have just done that for the frei0r squareblur effect, so if you know of some
effects that crash because of invalid values, let me know the valid range and
we can easily fix it.

That way, it will be easy for testers to enable / disable an effect: just edit
the "blacklisted_effects.txt" located in install dir/share/apps/kdenlive.

regards