[Kdenlive-devel] effects

Marco g.marco at freenet.de
Tue Oct 21 17:16:07 UTC 2008

Hi

i wrote the frei0r plugin for mlt.
The Problem with frei0r is (i wrote richard spindler that too):
the frei0r plugins does not give back the param range. So some plugins have
values vom -x to +x, some from 0 to x, and some from x.y to z.a.(double/int ,
negative/positive)

That way it is not possible to decide, what ist min and max, and worser:
many plugins crash if they are out of range (which we dont know)

Richard meant, that i should use only values from 0.0 to1.0 ( but then many
plugins have not the full range),

A Fix is also not in sight.

Idea: store in an extra file these values (but not so good for new plugins,
that come later)

This should be a short look into the problems in frei0r plugins, wich are here
count most.

regards marco

Am Dienstag 21 Oktober 2008 18:32:34 schrieb jb:
> On Tuesday 21 October 2008 14.24:53 opensourcecat wrote:
>
> Thanks for your tests, Here is some feedback:
> > Talking of translating effect i took a .dv interlaced footage and tested
> > all video effects:
> > nosync0r (crash with negative values)
>
> We should be able to easily restrict input to positive values
>
> > delay0r (does noting)
>
> Freezes image for me, but seems useless.
>
> > Vignette effect (unusable, can't add keyframes)
>
> Yes, it will  need some more work on the kdenlive side to be usable
>
> > Speed (does noting and i can't delete it from the effect list if selected
> > and kdenlive says that there was a problem insterting it)
> > transparency (does noting)
>
> Correct
>
> > squareblur (crashes kdenlive again)
>
> Seems to me like it only crashes on negative values, we could easily
> restrict the parameter values to positive only...
>
> > scale0tilt (gives a black screen)
>
> I don't have that one
>
> > Rotate (gives a black screen)
> > Perspective (does noting)
> > Obscure (the parameters interface is not complete)
> > Mask0mate (playing with parameters gives noting on the video and caused a
> > crash)
>
> Same for me
>
> > R, G and B (give a black and wite video)
>
> That's normal, it extracts the Red, Green or Blue channels
>
> > freeze (does noting)
>
> Yes, seems broken
>
> > distortor (crashes kdenlive when playing with effects)
>
> It would be interesting to see if we can find a valid range which does not
> crash, then restrict the input to these values
>
> > chroma hold (not giving expected results)
>
> Seems to work for me... it keeps the colors close to the selected one, all
> others go black & white
>
> > Blue screen (does noting)
>
> Not really implemented
>
> > Auto mask (works but there are unusable effect settings)
>
> What do you mean ?
>
> > 3dflippo ("x axis rotation" and "x axsis rotation rate" parameter does
> > noting)
>
> Same for me
>
> > I suggest to disable all of them if possible, test very well working
> > ones, then add those non working one-by-one until a basic set of them is
> > ready for the release. What do you think?
>
> Yes, removing not completely implemented effects seems a good idea to me. I
> will have a closer look later.
>
> jb

Wieviele Microsoft-Programmierer braucht man um eine Glühbirne auszuwechseln?
Keinen. Microsoft ernennt die Dunkelheit zum Industriestandard.