[Kdenlive-devel] effects

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Tue Oct 21 16:32:34 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 21 October 2008 14.24:53 opensourcecat wrote:

Thanks for your tests, Here is some feedback:

> Talking of translating effect i took a .dv interlaced footage and tested
> all video effects:
> nosync0r (crash with negative values)
We should be able to easily restrict input to positive values

> delay0r (does noting)
Freezes image for me, but seems useless.

> Vignette effect (unusable, can't add keyframes)
Yes, it will  need some more work on the kdenlive side to be usable

> Speed (does noting and i can't delete it from the effect list if selected
> and kdenlive says that there was a problem insterting it)
> transparency (does noting)
Correct

> squareblur (crashes kdenlive again)
Seems to me like it only crashes on negative values, we could easily restrict
the parameter values to positive only...

> scale0tilt (gives a black screen)
I don't have that one

> Rotate (gives a black screen)
> Perspective (does noting)
> Obscure (the parameters interface is not complete)
> Mask0mate (playing with parameters gives noting on the video and caused a
> crash)
Same for me

> R, G and B (give a black and wite video)
That's normal, it extracts the Red, Green or Blue channels

> freeze (does noting)
Yes, seems broken

> distortor (crashes kdenlive when playing with effects)
It would be interesting to see if we can find a valid range which does not
crash, then restrict the input to these values

> chroma hold (not giving expected results)
Seems to work for me... it keeps the colors close to the selected one, all
others go black & white

> Blue screen (does noting)
Not really implemented

> Auto mask (works but there are unusable effect settings)
What do you mean ?

> 3dflippo ("x axis rotation" and "x axsis rotation rate" parameter does
> noting)
Same for me

> I suggest to disable all of them if possible, test very well working ones,
> then add those non working one-by-one until a basic set of them is ready
> for the release. What do you think?

Yes, removing not completely implemented effects seems a good idea to me. I
will have a closer look later.

jb